I like this question because you’re thinking in the right direction. People have to take notice of you before you’ll ever get an opportunity to sign the contract, land the book deal or secure a promotion.
The person whose attention you’re trying to get has to first see that there’s a reason to look your way.
So let’s examine this question from their perspective. Ask yourself:
- What are they looking for?
- What do they want to achieve?
- What’s important to them?
The only reason people will look your way is because you have something they want. So, do you have something they want? What is it? As I share in The Bridge to Your Brand Likability, Marketability, Credibility clients and customers (and your boss is your customer) are looking for the following:
1. Your innovative ideas that lets them know that you stay on top of your game.
2. Your intellectual property that says, you know what you know and you know how to position yourself in such a way that they know what you know. Did you get that? If not, read it again.
3. Your value proposition that clearly defines how what you know benefits them.
To learn more about how you can get noticed, sign up to get my 90-minute free audio course How to Create Buzz and Grow Your Life and Business (if you don’t get the pop-up screen, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click, Get S. Renee’s Branding Secrets Now).
Copyrights 2018. All rights reserved S. Renee Smith.