For more insights and inspiration, visit srenee.com.
The first step to overcoming any challenge in your life, specifically your feelings of inferiority, is to acknowledge the challenge.
Growing up I had my own internal questions and body sensations that made me feel uneasy as I mentally battled within myself about my worthiness to be in the presence of certain people. I even experienced anxiety to go certain places knowing how I would feel when I got there.
In my book, There Is More Inside Personal Essentials to Living a Power-Packed Life I confessed, “I had my work cut out for me! I liked it when people told me how great I was—how talented, intelligent, and attractive I was. It gave me an external confidence, but inside I still didn’t own this belief myself. I would sabotage great opportunities and blame others when I ‘failed’. Deep within I doubted my abilities and, like most, questioned my existence.”
After doing my work and developing tools to help people to do their‘s, I offer you these starter questions:
- Together let’s agree that feeling inferior means that you believe the other person (or people) is more attractive, smarter, richer, or whatever you have told yourself and, therefore they have an advantage over you. Now ask yourself, what do you believe the other person (people) has that you don’t?
- Examine where that belief comes from. You believe what you believe based on what you’ve been told, accepted as true and what you have experienced. But is it true? When you don’t examine and challenge your beliefs they can hinder you from moving forward. Ask yourself, what do I believe about myself and others that is causing me to feel this way? And, why do I believe it?
- Change your story. Now that you have discovered a new truth—own that truth. Change the story you tell yourself about yourself. When you give yourself the gift of a new narrative and different perspective, you’ll create new thoughts, feelings and ideas about yourself and others.
Copyright © 2018 S. Renee Smith.
It’s easy to nod our heads in acceptance to the call. However, the work comes in removing our protective barriers and opening our hearts while aligning our behaviors so that Spirit, without resistance or judgment, can flow through us.
I don’t know about you, but I have to confess that it’s been a challenge to crystalize the vision and a little overwhelming to get a grip on how to successfully fulfill my assignments. Oprah asks, “What do you know for sure?” What I now know for sure is that I’ll never have all the answers. But, I do have access to the answer for each moment that I’m given. And–that’s enough for me.
Here’s why. There are Angelic forces that work on your and my behalf. While we’re thinking, pondering and sending our requests to God, the Angels are moving and prompting the people who are appointed to help us complete our tasks. What I’m noticing is that often, people will find and reach out to us and we then become witnesses of own life. I’m in awe of God’s divine system.
Recently, I’ve had three such breathtaking moments when the call came with no effort on my part, but to stay in my lane and do the work I’ve been asked to do.
- I received an email for an interview from Urbanette Magazine Reporter Vanessa Ness. Urbanette is the longest running women’s online magazine. Here’s a sample of her thought-provoking questions.
Urbanette: Does gender play a role in one’s tendency to build inspiration through group dynamics?
S. Renee: …Inspiration is arousing someone to act on something. It’s often used as a spiritual term to denote in spirit, which means that through Spirit one is caused to act. There is a good spirit and a bad spirit…Read more
If the interview speaks to you, please leave a comment, “Like” it, email, tweet, etc. Your response is necessary to continue to help raise the spiritual consciousness of all people in various industries.
- Ola Jackson, Founder and CEO, OWN: Onyx Woman Network requested that I join two other dynamic women to discuss Life as an Entrepreneur. Click the title to listen to the 30-minute interview. If you’re thinking about starting a business, the challenges you hear during this interview may scare you, but the stories are real. If you have a business, listen to avoid devastating pitfalls and to be inspired by how you can overcome them.
- I was again invited back to participate on a panel at the National Association of Black Journalist Conference in New Orleans. Last year I met and shared the stage with other successful authors. I’m in deep gratitude for God’s purposeful, strategic move on my behalf.
Free free to leave your comment below. If you want to become a part of my innercircle visit srenee.com. Or, to get a FREE audio download of Chapter 2 of my book There Is More Inside visit www.bullied2lead.com. Or, for 10 days of inspiration and growth get your downloads at www.coachsrenee.com.
© 2012 All rights reserved. S. Renee, SRS Productions, Inc., There Is More Inside®