There’s a saying; It’s complicated. Yet, nothing is as complicated as we make it. In fact, for the most part, life is predictable.
We know that how we see ourselves and the world determine our mindset. Our mindset determines our choices. And our choices determine where we end up in life. We are sure to die one day; we just don’t know when. And we know that there are a few moments that we can’t predict that requires our faith. That’s life in a nutshell.
With that being said, if you pay attention to what life is teaching you and make choices based on where you want to go, it highly likely, absent from an uncontrollable interruption, you’ll get there. It’s important to note that most moments aren’t interruptions; they are stepping stones. However, when you see a perceived barrier, you panic, go in a different direction, and lose momentum.
I want to encourage you to get off that train. Today, decide to own your power to make choices that will put you on the path to the life and career you want. Throughout my new book, Harness the POWER of Personal Branding and Executive Presence, I have about 40 exercises that I call, Mind Elevation. They are questions, fill in the blank, mediations, and steps that help you map out your plan.
Here are 11 questions from page 11 that will help you determine if you have a mindset that will help you get from where you are to where you want to be.
THE STATE OF YOUR MIND
Ask yourself the following questions to disclose your mindset. Write your answers in your journal.
- What do I believe about my ability to achieve what I want?
- Does my behavior align with the opinions I say I have of myself?
- Do my daily choices reflect my beliefs?
- What do my daily choices reveal about my ideas of myself and my abilities?
- What evidence do I have to support the beliefs I claim I have of myself?
- What do I believe about people?
- How does my behavior reflect those beliefs?
- Overall, are my beliefs and reality in alignment?
- Am I moving in the right direction?
- If not, what do I believe is hindering me from achieving my dreams?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, one being least likely to get you there and ten being most likely, how would you rate your mindset?
Join over 400 other people who have purchased their pre-launch copy Harness the POWER of Branding and Executive Presence for half price ($9.99). July 1, the price increases to $19.95.
2019 © All rights reserved S. Renee Smith. S. Renee is a nationally recognized self-esteem, branding and communication speaker, author, and coach. You can learn more at www.srenee.com.